Darkness is a beautiful thing!
It means the day has come to an end and it is 'your time' to Rest, Relax & Rejuvenate for tomorrow.
Rest isn’t a mindless activity of doing nothing. No!
To Rest is a purposeful activity of slowing down the mind and body, to feel Relaxed enough to allow the pressures of the day to fade. Rejuvenation is the elation you feel when you awake after a night of deep, rested sleep.
In order to achieve this, we must indulge in some serious self-care. At The Calm Collective, we call this 'the sleep ritual'.
To end your day well is just as important as starting your day on the right note.
- Your ritual begins with a nice warm bath. Use a gentle, “fragrance free” soap during your bath, with a few drops of essential oils in the water, to kickstart the resting process.
- Before you go in for your bath, set the room to the right temperature. This means adjusting your air conditioning or heating to a little cooler than your final desired temperature. Why cooler? Because when you finally slip into your blanket or duvet, your body temperature will be perfect for a good night's sleep.
- Turn on a light lavender or camomile soy candle to relax yourself.
- Now, slip into your clean & fresh sleepwear from The Calm Collective in beautiful, light-weight, super soft & breathable fabrics. If you like, store it with a lightly fragranced potpourri in between washes.
- Now, wind down for the night and snuggle into your cozy bed under the covers and prepare to go offline. This means no technology!
- Pick up your daily journal or planner and ease your mind by prepping for tomorrow. Feel a sense of accomplishment by ticking off the tasks you’ve achieved for today and reassigning the rest for tomorrow.
- Once you’ve planned for tomorrow, remember to be grateful for today!
- Gratitude is a very powerful emotion.It reminds us of the warmth the little things in life bring, which sometimes in the perils of the day, may miss us altogether. Write down the things you have to be grateful for.
- Pull out a light read for the night.Nothing too serious or heavy.
- Sip on some warm camomile tea.
- And, finally, slip into a state of deep, rested sleep.
Have a Good night!